By Peter Hinks,John McKivigan
The truly and concisely written entries during this reference paintings chronicle the crusade to finish human slavery within the usa, bringing to existence the foremost occasions, top figures, and socioeconomic forces within the historical past of yank antislavery, abolition, and emancipation.
• deals an accessibly written reference paintings comprising easy-to-find topic entries for readers surprising with this era in history
• contains fundamental sources—such as former slave Sojourner Truth's recognized speech, "Ar'n't I a Woman?" at a women's conference in Ohio in 1851—that advertise severe pondering and interpretive analyzing talents underscored within the universal middle Standards
• offers extra analyzing feedback and a bibliography of resources to provide avenues for extra study
Read Online or Download Abolition and Antislavery: A Historical Encyclopedia of the American Mosaic PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
This quantity combines diversified views on case-marking: (1) typological and descriptive methods of varied kinds and situations of case-marking within the languages of the realm in addition to comparability with languages that categorical related varieties of relatives with out morphological case-marking; (2) formal analyses in numerous theoretical frameworks of the syntactic, semantic, and morphological homes of case-marking; (3) a historic strategy of case-marking; (4) a psycholinguistic technique of case-marking.
First released in 2001. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Eco-friendly know-how: An A-to-Z consultant explores the basic function of expertise and its newest advancements towards a sustainable surroundings. Twofold in its definition, eco-friendly expertise contains the altering of present expertise towards strength conservation in addition to the production of recent, fresh expertise aimed toward using renewable assets.
Quantity eleven of the recent Encyclopedia of Southern tradition examines the industrial tradition of the South via pairing different types that account for the methods many southerners have made their dwelling. within the antebellum interval, the wealth of southern whites got here principally from agriculture that trusted the pressured hard work of enslaved blacks.
- Trials of the Century: An Encyclopedia of Popular Culture and the Law
- Encyclopedia of Health Economics
- 30 Second Commute, The: The Perks and Perils of Being a Freelance Writer
Additional info for Abolition and Antislavery: A Historical Encyclopedia of the American Mosaic
Abolition and Antislavery: A Historical Encyclopedia of the American Mosaic by Peter Hinks,John McKivigan